Monday, September 30, 2013

Just What Everybody Needs

Just what everybody needs -- Another End Times Blog.

Actually, this blog isn't so much about the end times. My long time focus has been on the Book of Revelation. So, think of this blog as a place holding my thoughts and notes about John's apocalypse. Given my propensity to change note & word processing apps, even entire operating systems at the drop of a hat, I needed a somewhat whim-safe mental mechanization storage facility. I think a blog fits that bill.

Of course the Book of Revelation does deal with end time events so a little binary code will be expended on the end times within the 1's and 0's of this blog as well. Word of caution though, I'm 98.7% certain that the content of this blog will never have the approval of either Tim LaHaye or Jerry Jenkins. Nothing against the Left Behind boys mind you; I thought their books were pretty decent works of fiction.

Other people likely to be disappointed by Another End Times Blog include Bible code aficionados, numerologists (unless the total letters of their last name when translated from Hebrew to Babylonian is 3 less than the cube root of pi multiplied by itself less one), and people who think Harold Camping, Glenn Beck,  John Hagee, or Jack Van Impe are pretty good Bible expositors.

Rules of the rode:

I'm not seminary trained, I don't speak for a denomination, I'm not a teacher, I have no background in Biblical languages (most people agree that even my command of English is lacking), and I have a tendency to skip a step or two when trying to make logical connections. So, everything I post is subject to being totally and completely wrong, inarticulate, or mostly dumb. If on rare occasions I post an article that resonates with you though, I would very much appreciate hearing from you. Give me the benefit of your thoughts and post your comments people. Be interactive, respectful, and open minded.


Oh and Trolls…do us all a favor, go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment